HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
1. PROFILES: Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
2. Make a note of my ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address
4. AUGUST 2017 FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many dozens of visitors from East and West:
Hong Kong * Japan * China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India * Australia * New Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Netherlands * Germany * Austria * Belgium *Switzerland * France * Italy * Greece * Spain *Iceland * Portugal * England * Ireland
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village - frequently you meet someone you know when you're out. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons,and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together.
The garden flat is a 22-MINUTE WALK FROM WAVERLEY TRAIN STATION & PRINCES STREET, AND 30 MINUTES TO THE ROYAL MILE. There are many local bus services nearby. My home is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). For groups and families there are two extra mattresses with all bedding placed on the floor if required, **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS VERY LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk/worktop, comfortable arm chair and closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, my room is adjacent near the kitchen.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. For 1-3 persons breakfast may be taken at the small half-round kitchen table 830-930, or by arrangement, and larger guest groups will have breakfast at the 200 year-old Scottish farm table in the lounge.
Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating, 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided. Children ( DISCOUNT for CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16, please ask at time of booking, under 5 years are free) and pets welcome. I am also gay-friendly. There is an extensive collection of photographic arts and Oriental carpet books, as well as maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinema & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport the new TRAM
• Edinburgh is a very walkable place. It is an easy walk or bus to Princes Street, the Olde Town, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station all in central Edinburgh.
• Excellent international restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
UK RAIL TRAVEL?
Beware UK rail prices which seem to have no logic. However with a little planning and knowledge you can very often travel much cheaper particularly long distance.
SPLIT-TICKETING: Longer journeys can often be less expensive by shopping carefully, buying in advance ON LINE, and breaking up your journey into 2, 3 or more segments, with tickets for each part of the journey,often at major junctions. Look online for "split ticketing". It is legal & usually worth the effort
House rulesGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 26 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||5 nights|
|Check-in after||9 AM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
Reviews of this property
For the German-speaking guests: - a really nice place to stay, neat and adequate - good breakfast - well located, quiet and still only maybe 10 - 12min walk to the center, we have the most goals can be reached on foot - but above all, a very, very nice, sympathetic and always helpful host David (Edinburgh is a great city, you know yourself) Hello David, nice greetings ... unfortunatly back at home! Thanks for synthesis great days with you!
Für die deutschsprachigen Gäste:
- eine wirklich nette Unterkunft, ordentlich und ausreichend
- gutes Frühstück
- gut gelegen, ruhig und trotzdem nur vielleicht 10 - 12min zu Fuß ins Zentrum, die allermeisten Ziele haben wir zu Fuß erreichen können
- vor allem aber ein sehr, sehr netter, sympathischer und stets hilfsbereiter Gastgeber David
(das Edinburgh eine tolle Stadt ist, wisst ihr selber)
Hallo David: nice greetings ... unfortunatly back at home!
Thanks for these great days with you!!!
The room is very clean and nice and bright David's house is about 20 minutes walk from the old town (Neustad 10min). David was a great host, he is very friendly, mostly stayed in the background and served a good breakfast. Wimdu makes so fun, so 5 stars from me
Das Zimmer ist sehr sauber und schön hell. Davids Haus liegt ca. 20min Fussweg von der Altstadt entfernt (Neustad 10min). David war ein toller Gastgeber, er ist sehr freundlich, hielt sich meist im Hintergrund und servierte ein gutes Frühstück.
So macht Wimdu Spass, deshalb 5 Sterne von mir
DAVID is an excellent, earnest, honest, reliable, open and friendly host. We had a great time in his comfy, clean, bright and cosy room. David was very helpful anytime we needed help. I can truly recommend him!!! He likes kids and kids are welcome in his house.The bus connection is also perfect yet the city is not far away to walk -the surroundings are also comfortable and friendly with kids. It was grand, couldn't have wished it better and safer. It was better than 100 %.
Had a lovely nights stay at David's home from home, which it truly was. We felt very welcome, so much so that i hung my wet clothes out on his line from my mornings swim in Loch Lemond. If your staying in the area - it is well worth the £10 train ticket from Edinburgh to Balloch. I would most certainly stay here again if I'm in the area. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is cheap and cosy with someone who will most certainly help you find where you need to go….this is the place.
Our stay at David was very pleasant. We felt right at home, David is very easy to handle and gives you lots of information about Edinburgh. He also makes a delicious breakfast. We felt like we were at a friend visiting and have chatted about music, the former carpet trade of David and many more interesting topics. The house of David is one end of the street making it very quiet sleep. Really recommended! Jan & Marieke, Groningen
Ons verblijf bij David was heel prettig. We voelden ons meteen thuis, David is erg gemakkelijk in de omgang en geeft je veel informatie over Edinburgh.
Daarnaast maakt hij een heerlijk ontbijtje. We hadden het idee alsof we bij een vriend op bezoek waren en hebben nog gezellig gekletst over muziek, de voormalige tapijtenhandel van David en nog veel meer interessante onderwerpen.
Het huis van David staat een eind van de straat waardoor het er erg rustig slaapt. Echt aanbevolen!
Jan & Marieke, Groningen
We had a truly wonderful stay at David's lovely home. We were made so welcome on our arrival and everything felt so natural that we felt at home immediately. The room looked beautiful in the late afternoon sunlight and there was a lot of thought put into details like providing useful leaflets and a very handy plan of Lothian Region buses. His place was spotlessly clean, the garden a delight and don't miss David's breakfast, it really is a treat and a lovely little event to wake up to. David not only has a lot to say about Edinburgh if you're stuck for something to do, he is also full of fascinating stories and just a really nice person to be with and talk to. It was like staying with a friend and we would love to come back. Thank you David.
We enjoyed our stay with David, who was our little soins.Toujours ready to help, always concerned that our stay is bien.Super breakfast. Although only 18 minutes from downtown, the journey is on foot. The course is nice, notably with a tesco, pubs, restaurants, grocery store and a clothing design that I recommande.L 'reception by David worth seeing: There is a cozy and warm room, loan cards access to the kitchen and parking, good addresses, advice, his good humor and real empathy for its guests. What happiness!
Nous avons beaucoup apprécié notre séjour chez David qui a été à nos petits soins.Toujours prêt à rendre service, toujours soucieux que notre séjour se passe bien.Super petit déjeuner.
Bien qu'à 18 minutes du centre-ville, le trajet se fait bien à pied. Le parcours est agréable avec, notamment, un tesco , des pubs, restaurants, épicerie et une boutique de création de vêtements que je recommande.L'accueil réservé par David vaut le détour: outre une chambre confortable et bien chauffée,prêt de cartes, l'accès à sa cuisine et son parking, les bonnes adresses,les conseils, sa bonne humeur et sa réelle empathie pour ses invités. Que du bonheur!!!
Lovely man, not too luxurious surroundings, but very warm welcome and stay.
Schat van een man, niet al te luxe omgeving, maar zeer warm welkom en verblijf.
We were greeted very warmly by David during our stay in Edinburgh: we greatly appreciated the quality breakfast, the availability of our host and his open-mindedness! we strongly recommend this to all those of us who are also looking to meet people while traveling ..
Nous avons été accueillis très chaleureusement par David durant notre séjour à Edinburgh: nous avons grandement apprécié la qualité du petit déjeuner, la disponibilité de notre hôte et son ouverture d'esprit!! nous recommandons fortement cette adresse à tous ceux qui comme nous cherchent aussi à rencontrer des personnages pendant leurs voyages ..
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption